March 15, 2013

House Stress

My house will be going on the market in May. John and I have to meet with the realtor before then. I am a nervous wreck about it. I asked a good friend of mine, if she would come with me. I am pretty sure he will want to bring his new fiancee (they got engaged 11 months after he walked out the door and a month before our divorce was finalized) and I want to have emotional support.

It would be very stupid for him to bring his new fiancee, but he tried to bring her to the house two weeks ago to move his stuff out (more than a YEAR after he left). So, it stands to reason he would probably try to bring her to meet with the realtor. Even though she has n.o.t.h.i.n.g. to do with the house.

I asked the realtor if we could meet somewhere other than the house. I do not want him in it.

I have so much to do and it overwhelms me. I could have started doing it earlier, but depression prevented that. My boss says that truthfully paint and what not is only going to change the price so much and not to stress so much. Hopefully that is true.

My boiler is ancient and this winter it has started to be quite loud. When the heat comes on there is lots of noise in the baseboards. We had a spell of three 51 degree days and then last night it was in the teens. It sounded like someone was banging on the pipes all night. I called the oil company, even though I am terrified they are going to say that my boiler is going to self destruct and I need to replace it ASAP. They said that usually the banging is either due to air in the pipes or the water being too hot. That would be covered under my maintenance contract. If it is electrical it will be covered under my  maintenance contract. They are coming between 2 pm and 4 pm. My in-laws are going over to be there when they arrive (they have continued to go above and beyond). The oil company will call if it is something that isn't covered under the maintenance contract.

The level of my anxiety is pretty ridiculous. Anxiety coupled with lack of sleep will certainly age you. It will also cause inflammation. I have been dealing with pretty chronic pain at this point due to iliotibial band tendinitis. So stupid. It is an overuse injury and common in runners and hikers. I sincerely hope once the house is sold I can get a handle on it. I'd like to before then, but I suspect my stress level will stay pretty high.

This has been a particularly bad week. I am stressing hard core about the house.

In good news I need to take a day off and go get a notarized copy of the docket from my divorce so I can un-hyphenate my name!

No comments: